Getting the most out of your telemedicine consultation requires beforehand preparation. There is no need to be intimidated by your upcoming consultation. You will likely find the process more convenient and informative than you expected from a healthcare provider. Today’s hectic schedules make it difficult to commit to an in-person doctor’s appointment. In this digital age, there is no excuse to neglect your health because of inconvenience.
Real-Time Telemedicine Consultation
Telemedicine is trending in popularity because you can talk with your doctor securely in real-time without the hassle of juggling your schedule and fighting traffic. This convenience gives you plenty of time to be prepared for your doctor’s visit, including having medical records and prescriptions at your fingertips.
Telemedicine visits with your healthcare provider can be conducted by:
Benefits of telemedicine include:
- Instant contact with your doctor
- Timesaving for doctor and patient
- Convenient for doctor and patient
- Quality time with your doctor to ask questions
- Simplicity for prescription adjustments or refills
At Oregon Man Clinics, we will navigate you through the telemedicine consultation or e-visit even if you’re not technically savvy.
Tips and Tasks in Preparation for Your Telemedicine Consultation
To make sure you get the most out of your telemedicine consultation, we’ve compiled some helpful tips and tasks for you to consider and implement in preparation for your visit.
- Use a reliable connection to the Internet
- Have hard copies of medical records relevant to the reason for your visit handy
- Take time to jot down your current symptoms and prescription medication side effects
- Have all prescription medication bottles at hand for reference
- Make a list of your drug allergies, hospitalization, and any past surgeries
- Stay engaged throughout the visit by avoiding predictable distractions from children, pets, unexpected visitors, etc.
Men’s Health and Telemedicine Consultations
After your telemedicine consultation, your healthcare provider will complete a review of the visit within a couple of hours – or – within a day if the consult is conducted after normal business hours. At Oregon Man Clinics serving Eugene, Springfield, and Bend, OR, we will guide you through the process of receiving medical advice via telemedicine. Contact us today to schedule your telemedicine consultation.